LEARN HOW TO Explore Immigration Streams AND Hiring Global Talent
June Webinar Series from Canadian Government
BCCA-IN is Canada’s only nationwide pre-arrival employment advice program for the construction industry. We work with approved immigrants planning on moving to Canada and are often contacted by employers looking to connect with newcomer talent. If we don’t have job seekers who fit the specific skills, timeframe, or destination our employers are looking for, there are several actions the employer can take:
- broaden their search by advertising roles on the Government of Canada’s Job Bank;
- leverage the employment programs of their local construction associations e.g., BCCA’s STEP, Connect, or other skilled workforce programs;
- build relationships with local WorkBC employment offices and employer services. When these solutions don’t work for employers, we are often asked about immigration streams that might help.
This month employers can learn from a virtual series on how to find talent, It’s an important opportunity to expand your knowledge of Canada’s economic immigration programs and streams.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is offering webinars throughout June 2022. Each 30-minute session will explore the economic immigration programs that employers can use to help attract, hire, and retain global talent. Each week features a new topic and provides employers with an opportunity to ask questions. You can attend one or all sessions based on your business needs and interests.
Upcoming Topics and Dates
- The Temporary Foreign Worker Program: June 1, 2022, at 09:00 PT
- Learn about the work permit application process when you hire a worker through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program with a Labour Market Impact Assessment.
- Hire a worker without a Labour Market Impact Assessment: June 8, 2022, at 09:00 PT
- You can hire a temporary worker without a Labour Market Impact Assessment through the International Mobility Program if you’re eligible. Learn more about eligibility, how to submit an offer of employment and next steps.
- Global talent recruitment strategies: June 15, 2022, at 09:00 PT
- Find services and resources to help you attract, hire, and retain qualified workers from around the world. Learn tips and tricks to make hiring easier.
To register, click on the links above.
Information courtesy of IRCC. You can learn more at Services for employers to help attract global talent – Canada.ca. Or contact IRCC’s Western Canadian Outreach Officers at IRCC.DNEngagement@cic.gc.ca.
About the author
Linda Ryan is National Program Manager with BCCA-Integrating Newcomers, a government-funded, Canada-wide, pre-arrival career advice and employment coaching service for high skilled construction professionals immigrating to Canada. Funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the program is hosted by BC Construction Association under its workforce development stream. The BCCA-IN team helps connect high skilled construction newcomers with employers. The program is a free, pre-arrival, nationwide service, and occupations supported include the skilled trades, licensed technical professions (e.g., engineer, architect, quantity surveyors, H&S, etc.), and a wide variety of strategic business disciplines.
The post LEARN HOW TO Explore Immigration Streams AND Hiring Global Talent appeared first on BC Construction Association.